At the Children’s Year-end Party - which is to be held on Wednesday 9th December 2015 - a personalized box is given to each orphaned or vulnerable child (OVC) present. Not all the children come to the party every year – there are too many of them – we invite a different part of the Ofafa valley each year.
We still need to complete over 100 of the children’s boxes, and would really appreciate your help to make this happen!!
We have lists of children, and once you commit to preparing a box you will be given a name with his/her age and sex.
OR Make a donation of R250-00, and we will do the shopping on your behalf.
Please check the lists below for what is appropriate to include:
KIDS 3-12 YEARS KIDS 13-18YRS
Educational Supplies Educational Supplies
Soap & Facecloth Soap & Facecloth
Sweets that won’t melt /Chips Sweets that won’t melt/ Chips
- When buying clothing for your childs box always try to get 1 size bigger.
- Purchase age appropriate toys (no toy weapons or battery-operated toys allowed).
- Please purchase age appropriate educational supplies (puzzles/pack of crayons, colouring-in books are perfect for the smaller kids but the bigger kids need proper school stationery).
- Please remove unecessary packaging to avoid littering in the community.
- Please don’t put in too many sweets - we would rather you gave school supplies that would last longer than a moment on the lips!
- Remember smaller toothbrushes for smaller mouths.
- If possible please purchase the kids toothpaste for the smaller kids.
- The smaller kids LOVE Teddy bears!
- For the older girls it is nice to put sanitary towels and roll-on or spray in their boxes.
- Wrap your box in Christmassy paper, and secure it with elastic bands.
- Please label the box clearly with Name, Age, Sex.
Please contact Samantha Hornsby urgently if you can help. She has over the years very kindly co-ordinated this mammoth initiative!
Please download this appeal
2015 Children's Year-end Party appeal
Created Thursday, 29 October 2015 22:17 Size 932.44 KB